Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Spring Rolls

A friend of mine shared her spring rolls with us last year, and they were so good that I asked for the recipe. When I tried to duplicate it exactly, things didn't turn out like I remembered. My results have been better when I've used italian sausage rather than just ground pork. Today I looked online for some seasoning ideas for the ground pork, and combined what I found with my friend's recipe. Here's what I came up with:

Ingredients -
1 package spring roll wrappers
1 pound ground pork
2 carrots
2 stalks celery
3 green onions
3 garlic cloves
1 small chunk ginger
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp sugar
sprinkle of red pepper flakes
2 TBSP soy sauce
2 TBSP water

Method -
Combine all ingredients except wrappers and pork in food processor and puree.
Add a little oil to the pan (I used canola) along with the pork and the processed mixture and cook till pork is well done.
Place about 1 TBSP of filling in each wrapper, roll up, and seal with a little bit of water.
Fry in a little bit of oil until golden brown.
Serve with sweet chili dipping sauce.

No comments: