Sunday, December 7, 2008

5 Minutes in Heaven or Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake


1 yellow cake mix with pudding
1 sm. pkg chocolate instant pudding (or use 3/4 of a large box like i did)
1/2 C. sugar
3/4 C. vegetable oil
3/4 C. water
4 large eggs
1 C. sour cream
1 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Combine the first 3 ingredients.
Stir w/ fork or wire wisk to remove large lumps.
Add remaining ingredients except chocolate chips.
Stir until smooth.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Pour into greased/floured bundt pan.
Bake @ 350 for approximately 1 hr.
Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack in the pan.
Remove from pan and cool completely.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve!

I wanted to try this so badly that I finally bought a bundt pan. I've found bundt recipes before and thought about making them, but in the end, I was always to cheap to buy the pan, so I'd move on to a new recipe. This one looked too good to pass up (and I'm glad I didn't). I saw it here and she linked it from here. It also sounds a lot like this recipe, so if you don't want to buy the bundt pan, you can try it in a crock pot. :)

I feel a little funny about posting dessert recipes here, this IS supposed to be a dinner blog.
Oh well. Once you decide what to have for dinner, dessert should be easy. :)

1 comment: