Monday, April 18, 2011

Pasta Night

Monday is still Pasta Night at our house. Tonight I tried three new recipes for our dinner.

The main dish was Pioneer Woman's Fettuccine Alfredo. It was pretty good, although not as good as I had hoped it would be. It was good enough that I will probably try it again sometime. Maybe next time I can get it just right.

For our vegetable, I tried used a Food Network recipe for Sauteed Broccoli. I really liked this one. Hopefully the next time I make it it will turn out as well as it did tonight.

I wanted to have french bread with our pasta tonight. I have made this recipe from Our Best Bites before, but I'm trying to use whole wheat more often (and less sugar) in my baking, so I did a quick search and tried this recipe for Whole Wheat French Bread. It uses 2 cups white flour and 2 cups whole wheat flour. It was okay, but not great. I think I'll keep looking for the perfect recipe.

ps we also had mandarin oranges with dinner

No comments: